Sunday 21 February 2016

MY JOURNEY TO CLEAR SKIN


     MY JOURNEY TO CLEAR SKIN
Hello Beautiful People,
                  Who doesn’t want a clear beautiful glowing skin? I never had a happy, clear, glowing skin. Unfortunately, that’s just something I did not get in my goody bag of genetics. But nevertheless I have horribly annoying, dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. Good news is that I know I’m not the only one out there that struggles with stubborn skin. While that doesn’t really make those “bad” days any better, I have tried a lot of products and have learned a lot of tricks.

Being honest with you guys I don’t really need all that make up and I don’t even put on a bb-cream at its simplest on a daily basis. Just a bit of moisturiser on my t zone because it gets really dry and I'm good to go.

Despite the fact that I have not been used to so much make-up I tend to break out pretty easily. So yes, I do try and do everything I can to manage my skin and keep it healthy.

I know I’m not alone when it comes to moderate/severe acne, so hopefully this will help a few of you. If you do suffer from acne, just know that people don’t notice your blemishes as much as you think and you are beautiful individual inside out. Everyone has some kind of insecurity, so don’t let your acne get you down! Now let’s get to it   
  
Having said I had horrible acne it is for sure that I have tried a wide range of facial cleansers over the time. I would like to share all of the cleansers I have used and which I have found to be more suitable for dry-sensitive skin.    

[1] KERACNYL FACIAL CLEANSER:

This was the first ever cleanser I have used for my acne which was supposedly the dangerous form of all times. I had third degree acne when I was 16 and pretty much at college level. Now the very first thing I did is consulted my dermatologist and she recommended keracnyl cleanser and some ointment which ran out of my mind for my acne. It was a pretty good one and it then became my holy grail product for 3-4 years. I would break out once in a month but it wasn't that severe. It took almost 2-3 months for my acne to go off and I had absolutely minimal spots and gracefully I didn't have any scaring.


It was initially priced at Rs 300/- and then after 2-2.5 Yrs approximately the price shot up to Rs 430/- . Despite me using it regularly for years I would have acne every now and then. Not so severe though. But also because the price range I decided to discontinue it.


       [2]  DERMADEW ACNE SOAP:


This acne bar caught my attention when my younger sister was using it.  She had minor acne and so the dermatologist recommended her to use this acne bar.  As I was already in search of a cleanser I switched on to the dermadew acne soap and  noticed that it works pretty much fine in reducing my acne spots and also active acne. It was pretty reasonable at a price of Rs115/- . The only flaw I could relate to is it would make my skin so much dry but it was not bothering me much because my routine already had a moisturizer.

[3] NEUTROGENA OIL FREE ACNE WASH:

I was using dermadew for almost a year and then during winters I couldn’t bear with my dry skin and moreover I had almost clear skin during these years, Just an active pimple during those days of the month and then it would vanish. I decided to try out a subtle acne face wash which I would continue using as a staple product in life. I gave Neutrogena oil free acne wash a try and got addicted to it. I almost finished 4-5 bottles and still use it.
I would recommend people to use this product if they have acne prone skin as a regular face wash with a scrub from its own range.




Over the years I have noticed a unique behaviour of my skin. I call it unique because I tend to usually break out in the last three months of year and  have been noticing it for the past 3-4 years and the rest of the months I have a clear skin.

From the past 2 months I had series of weddings and I do not understand what came as a triggering factor. My skin broke out so much . I immediately started using dermadew with two of the ointments which my dermatologist recommended me (Faceclin and adalene nano gel).
                                             
These three products are a life saver for my skin. They suit my skin type and I often use a moisturizer which is aloe based (elovera) if the soap tends to dry out my skin.
So this was it. Hope you guys enjoy and have a good day!
Xoxo,
Amal ansari




No comments:

Post a Comment